NETFLIX IS A JOKE: THE FESTIVAL ADDS MORE NEW SHOWS INCLUDING:
JOHN MULANEY AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL ON SATURDAY, MAY 7
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, APRIL 8 AT 10AM
TEASER VIDEO HERE
With less than four weeks until the festival begins, Netflix Is A Joke: The Festival has added new shows to its lineup, including top stand-up performances such as John Mulaney at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, May 7, Netflix series cast events, and a free outdoor fan experience. The festival, which now boasts over 250 live shows across over 30 venues covering Los Angeles, is produced by Netflix in association with Live Nation.
All new tickets for the general public will go on sale Friday, April 8 at netflixisajokefest.com. Pre-sales will be available beginning Wednesday, April 6 10am PT. Select shows will be recorded and available in their entirety at a later date on Netflix. A complete list of newly added shows is available below.
Comedy fans rejoice! Netflix is a Joke: The Festival is hosting Outdoors At Hollywood Palladium, a 7-day FREE mini-fest within the fest, located off of Sunset Blvd. The massive space will include festival merchandise, food and drinks, photo opportunities, “funny” mini golf, a Netflix is a Joke Museum of Comedy, interactive experiences involving your favorite Netflix series and more. A nightly show, “The Drop In” will feature surprise sets from the biggest names in comedy with a different host each night including Janelle James, Mark Normand, Joel Kim Booster, Bob The Drag Queen and more. Additionally, expect performances from Goddamn Comedy Jam, and two drag brunch extravaganzas with Alaska Thunderfuck and Willam. To find out more and reserve your free tickets, go to netflixisajokefest.com.
On April 27th as a special preview before the festival officially commences, Netflix is a Joke will present, “Introducing…,” at The Avalon. The evening will showcase eight up and coming comedians whose individual sets will be filmed and aired separately throughout the festival on Netflix is a Joke’s YouTube channel and Sirius XM. The lineup includes Darius Bennett, Michael Longfellow, Nataly Aukar, Julio Diaz, Kenice Mobley, Nico Carney, Irene Tu and Luke Mones.
Highlights from the new additions include:
JOHN MULANEY – Hollywood Bowl
- John Mulaney: From Scratch with Special Guest Earthquake – Guests encouraged to dress in evening attire.
SNOOP DOGG – Hollywood Palladium
- Snoop Dogg’s F*cn Around Comedy Special (recorded)– Snoop hosts a night of legendary black comics. Featuring Katt Williams, Mike Epps, Sommore and more.
BILLY EICHNER HOSTS STAND OUT: AN LGBTQ+ CELEBRATION- THE GREEK THEATRE
- STAND OUT: An LGBTQ+ Celebration: (recorded) Billy Eichner will host an all-star night of entertainment with Bob the Drag Queen, Eddie Izzard, Fortune Feimster, Gina Yashere, Guy Branum, James Adomian, Joel Kim Booster, Judy Gold, Mae Martin, Margaret Cho, Marsha Warfield, Matteo Lane, Patti Harrison, River Butcher, Sam Jay, Sandra Bernhard, Scott Thompson, Solomon Georgio, Tig Notaro, Todd Glass, Trixie Mattel, Wanda Sykes and more to be announced soon. Stand Out is produced by Page Hurwitz, Wanda Sykes (Push It Productions), Brian Graden and Dave Mace (Brian Graden Media).
SEBASTIAN MANISCALCO – The Wiltern
- Sebastian Maniscalco: Nobody Does this Tour
BILL BURR – Hollywood Palladium
- Bill Burr & Friends (recorded)– American stand-up, director, actor and creator of F is For Family, invites you to join him and his favorite comedians for a joke-filled hang.
FRANCO ESCAMILLA – Hollywood Pantages Theater
- Voyerista Auditivo (recorded)
INTERNATIONAL STAND-UP – Laugh Factory
- Best of Brazil with Fabiano Cambota, Maurício Meirelles, Rodrigo Marques, Bruna Louise, Criss Paiva, Léo Lins, Murilo Couto, Patrick Maia, Rafinha Bastos, with Host Manu Maciel. Also featuring Women of Comedy, Made in Canada, Made in the UK, Spanglish hosted by Paul Rodriguez, Musical Comedy Jam, All-Star Comedy hosted by Finesse Mitchell, Maz Jobrani and Friends, and Chocolate Sundaes.
NEAL BRENNAN – Largo at the Coronet
JACQUELINE NOVAK – Largo at the Coronet
NEVER HAVE I EVER
- Never Have I Ever Live Table Read: Co-creators Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher will be hosting a live table read with your favorite cast members, giving you an exclusive first look at season 3. Join Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Poorna Jagannathan, Darren Barnet, Jaren Lewison, Lee Rodriguez, Ramona Young, Richa Moorjani, Niecy Nash, Megan Suri, Rushi Kota and more!
- Cobra Kai: Live & Badass: Join the cast of the Netflix phenomenon Cobra Kai for an unprecedented, badass, one-night-only celebration! This explosion of the Cobra Kai universe includes exclusive conversations with the cast, live musical performances, fan photo ops, and plenty of surprises. Costumes are encouraged — break out those gis, shower curtains, and mohawks! Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy.
PENTAVERATE FAN SCREENING
- The Pentaverate Premiere: Mike Myers and the cast of The Pentaverate are hosting a FREE World Premiere screening of episode 1 of Netflix’s newest comedy series, including a special introduction from the cast. About The Pentaverate: What if a secret society of five men has been working to influence world events for the greater good since the Black Plague of 1347? As this new series begins, one unlikely Canadian journalist finds himself embroiled in a mission to uncover the truth and just possibly save the world himself. Remember, the Pentaverate must never be exposed!
SOMEBODY FEED PHIL FAN SCREENING
- Laugh With Your Mouth Full: An Evening with Phil Rosenthal. Join Phil Rosenthal for a special advance screening of Somebody Feed Phil Season 5 episode, Oaxaca. Fans will also enjoy light bites and a Q&A with Phil moderated by Jimmi Simpson.
- Movie Trivia Happy Hour Featuring The Cast of Blockbuster: Join Randall Park, Melissa Fumero, JB Smoove and Tyler Alvarez to test your movie knowledge in this pub trivia game as the cast of Blockbuster competes against each other for the bragging rights of who is the Netflix is a Joke Movie Aficionado. About: The series takes place at the last Blockbuster Video in America, and explores what it takes – and more specifically who it takes – for a small business to succeed against all odds.
- FLY ON THE WALL WITH DANA CARVEY & DAVID SPADE – The Wiltern
- THE READ WITH KID FURY & CRISSLE – The Theatre at Ace Hotel
- BEST FRIENDS WITH NICOLE BYER & SASHEER ZAMATA – The Regent Theatre
- YOU MADE IT WEIRD WITH PETE HOLMES – Avalon Hollywood
All-STAR LINEUPS ADDED TO PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SHOWS
AMY SCHUMER & FRIENDS- Hollywood Palladium
- Featuring: Lil Rel Howery, Chris Distefano, Christina P, Janelle James, Ron Funches, Rachel Feinstein & Jaye McBride
JANE FONDA & LILY TOMLIN: LADIES NIGHT LIVE- Hollywood Palladium
- Featuring: Michelle Buteau, Avi Gilbert, Cristela Alonzo, Margaret Cho, Heather McMahan & Tracey Ashley
The latest information and complete schedule is available on www.NetflixIsAJokeFest.com.
“*Talent and schedule subject to change”.
About Netflix Is A Joke
As Netflix’s multiplatform comedy brand, Netflix Is A Joke provides a home for fans of standup, sketch, comedy series, film, and anything in between. Netflix is a Joke is where Netflix goes to be funny!
About Live Nation-Hewitt Silva & Hollywood Bowl
Live Nation-Hewitt Silva (LNHS) is the exclusive promoter of concerts at the Hollywood Bowl outside of the LA Philharmonic summer season. Andrew Hewitt and Bill Silva have produced non-classical concerts at the Hollywood Bowl since 1991, hosting artists such as the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Barbra Streisand, Elton John, Dolly Parton, Eagles, Whitney Houston, Fleetwood Mac, Sade, Radiohead, Sting, Andrea Bocelli, Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel, Luciano Pavarotti, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Mary J. Blige, Jay-Z, Coldplay, Lauryn Hill, Peter Gabriel, Dead & Company, Lana Del Rey, Depeche Mode, Tame Impala, Roger Waters, The Weeknd, and countless others. With their combined superior talent bookings and music offerings, LNHS has transformed the iconic venue to become L.A.’s premier contemporary concert destination. One of the largest natural amphitheaters in the world, with a seating capacity of nearly 18,000, the Hollywood Bowl has been awarded Pollstar’s “Outdoor Concert Venue of the Year” 15 times. It was also awarded Billboard’s “Top Amphitheater” several times. The summer of 2022 lineup features some of the biggest names in contemporary entertainment, such as 2CELLOS, Dave Chappelle, Haim, Russ, Steely Dan, Rex Orange County, Backstreet Boys, Rod Stewart, Andrea Bocelli, Halsey, Ben Platt, Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Maren Morris, The Who, Zac Brown Band, Matchbox Twenty, and Florence & the Machine.
About Live Nation Entertainment:
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Valeska Thomas (she/her) | Communications | Concerts & Corporate
9348 Civic Center Drive | Beverly Hills, CA | 90210
Maxie Solters | Scoop Marketing for Live Nation-Hewitt Silva & Hollywood Bowl